Thursday, October 13, 2011

Zoey's Birth Story

July 3, 2011

5:30am Saturday morning at 5:30 I woke up with contractions and started timing them. They were consistent at 5 min apart and 1 min long. I woke Mike up after about 45 minutes because things were steady and then I went and woke my mom up , who lives with us, about 15 min later. As soon as I got up everything slowed down to 10 min apart and maybe 30 sec. all the way out to 30 min apart.

7:00am We ate breakfast and I went and layed back down for an hour or so. As soon as I did that it all picked back up again but this time it was 7 min apart 1 min long and when I got up it all slowed to a crawl again! I was so frustrated just not knowing what to do.

11:00am Mike and I went to Wal-Mart to walk around for a while . We ate lunch there and walked for about 45minutes. Nothing happened. I maybe felt one small contraction. So we decided to go home and rest.

1:30pm I sent Mike to work. I really didn’t think anything was going on and I just needed to get rest for when it all really kicked in. I just had to pray too that God would make this go as quick and as possible.

3:30pm I felt like there was something holding me back. Like my body wasn’t opening up. I didn’t think her head was engaging. I called and left a message with my doctor and was waiting for a call back. I called my sister who suggested pelvic rocks and gets some rest I also called a friend who is a midwife in training and she suggested the same thing. My doctor called back and I let him know what was going on and he suggested that I take 2 Tylenol pm and go to bed because he really didn’t think it was happening for a while either.

6:00pm So I took some of the Tylenol PM and my mom got me some dinner but I really couldn’t eat. I sat most of the afternoon in on her bed having contractions that I just didn’t think were doing anything. I got up at one point and had a strong one that I had to have her help me through.

6:15pm After that I called Mike to come home, I just wanted him with me. And I called my sister and told her in tears that I just didn’t want to do this anymore. Should have been a big clue!

6:45pm I got up from all this and went to the bathroom where I had a burning sensation but again I didn’t think it was anything with how constipated I had been. I got in the shower and had 2 really strong contractions so I got out got dressed and got into bed.
7:12pm As soon as I layed down I screamed for my mom. I had to push! 1 small push and my water broke all over the bed. My mom got a towel and she ran and got her phone and called 911. I push 2 more times and she was out. I had to yell through those two pushes the 911 operator barely could hear my mom. They walked her though how to stimulate the baby and then a police officer showed up and then very shortly the Firemen and paramedics.

It was crazy. All these huge men (they were in their fire fighting pants) were surrounding my bed and all seemed afraid to touch anything until the paramedic, who was right there, started working, and just then Mike came in. I felt so bad that he missed it that the first thing I said when he came in was “I am sorry” of course he thought that was crazy and encouraged me.

No comments: